Pages

Thursday 21 May 2020

White Water Rafting Writing/Cloze

“Are you coming or not?” demanded my brother Tami. I stepped unsteadily down into the wetsuit and sat down. All 8 of us waited  nervously. We checked  our helmets , raft and life jacket  were tight.  I shivered. Thank goodness we were wearing life jacket.

The guide pushed our raft  away  from the bank. We were  gliding  down the river.  But up ahead I could hear the roar of the white water rapids and I could see the swirling water. My heart _slowly pounding in my chest and I was shaking.

Suddenly the raft started  bouncing up and down in the turbulent waters
The guide skilfully steered us around big  boulders and away from branches.   I gripped my paddles tightly and started paddling. We were going faster and faster

“Oh no,” I shouted as the raft guide came and said if he needed help he said “yes please come in and help me. They went somewhere else and started to go away from the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.